Intraocular lens quality control
INSTRUMENTS FOR INTRAOCULAR LENS TEST | in production and R&D
Phasics offers two turnkey instruments specifically designed for intraocular lens test.
- The Kaleo-I achieves a fast and accurate quality control: it provides IOL power and MTF in compliance to ISO 11979 standard.
- The Kaleo-R Toric measures semi-finished IOL surfaces for tool adjustment.
Both instrument set-up fit IOL testing: cuvette, model eye, and the software packages deliver significant results for IOL.
ISO 11979 quality control
- Power, cylinder, addition and MTF with model eye
- For toric, spherical, aspheric, bifocal refractive lens
Lens R&D test
- Through focus MTF
- Aberrations of which spherical aberration
Semi-finished lens surface
- Production process optimization
- Tool setting and control
POWER MAP | for an aspheric lens
THROUGH FOCUS MTF | for a toric lens
The peak of constrast along the sphere or the cylinder axis shifts due to the toric shape
SURFACE SHAPE | for a toric IOL
The minimum and maximum radii of curvature are measured, as well as the perpendicularity error between sphere and cylinder meridians
Phasics sensor measures how the light path is modified after propagating through the intraocular lens. This shift is related to lens wanted function (lens dioptric power and eventually addition or cylinder). It also measures departures (aberrations such as spherical aberration, astigmatism…). Finally it enables calculating the IOL quality as the MTF.
► The set-up is designed to be compliant to ISO 11979-2 standard requirements
- IOLs are placed into saline conditions thanks to a cuvette
- A model eye is integrated for contrast measurement.
- Source emits at 546 nm
- Full compliance to ISO 11979-2 standard
- Very easy alignment
- Complete characterization
- 2 user interfaces for production and R&D